When Pepsi‘s Tropicana wanted to give a social lift to Trop50 with its Trop50 True Resolutions Facebook experience, it faced the challenge of creating a blogger outreach program that would result in advocacy at scale.
Working with Social Chorus, Tropicana focused on the Power Middle of relevant bloggers. For most brands, these are the true influencers, as opposed to those with the largest networks or those that may be loyal product users, but have small communities.
In this convo, I speak with Gina Judge, Senior Manager of Communications for Tropicana, Greg Shove, Founder & CEO of Social Chorus and Melissa Murphy, Activation Manager at Social Chorus about how they activated bloggers through both earned and paid efforts for the Trop50 True Resolutions campaign.
The earned and paid efforts succeeded in activating 174 bloggers who produced 210 blog posts and over 36,000 social actions across multiple social media platforms. Influencers used approved copy and trackable assets to share authentic posts for the brand while driving traffic to the Facebook experience.
Blogger outreach takeaways for you in this conversation:
- The need to identify the most influential bloggers for your brand
- Tactics to scale the number of bloggers engaged with your brand from dozens to hundreds
- The importance of leveraging and growing your social currency
- The benefits of tracking your blogger contact and how bloggers use the assets you offer them
- The payoff of building long-term relationships with those in your blogger community
RELATED POSTS ON BLOGGER OUTREACH
- The Clear and Continuing Need for Blogger Outreach Specialists at PR Agencies (dannybrown.me)
- Researchers From the World Bank Quantify the Influence of a Blog Mention (socialchorus.com)
- 5 Steps to Successful Blogger Outreach (WhizBangPowWow)
- PR Hint: Blogger Outreach Still Works
this convo is sponsored by
Convo at the PowWow is presented by Social Media Today, offering the Web’s best thinkers on business and public policy. Social Media Today is a rapidly-growing community of blogs, webinars, e-books, moderated Tweet chats and other digital content. The community currently includes more than 1,800 bloggers and 100,000 registered members, attracting about 700,000 monthly visits.
Vitrue, an original Facebook Preferred Developer Consultant, is the leading social marketing platform facilitating relationships between brands and their fans across multiple social networks via its software-as-a-service solutions. Social marketers and agencies world-wide use Vitrue’s Social Relationship Management (SRM) platform and its Publisher, Tabs, Shop and Analytics products.
Brandwatch is one of the world’s leading social media monitoring and analysis tools, with offices in the UK, US, Germany and Brazil. Global brands and agencies use our tool to cut through the noise on the social web and find the conversation that matters, empowering decisions that improve their business.