The sales growth of expense reporting software company Expensify was built on more than the features of its product.
The company creates advocacy among employees within customer companies to influence those responsible for procurement. This activation, along with responsive support — via email, online videos from Grovo and multiple webinars each week — supplants the need for a traditional sales organization.
In this conversation, Jason Mills of Expensify and I take a deep dive into the company’s non-traditional marketing approach.
- Creating advocacy within companies by focusing on those who spend the most time using the product
- Being responsive to the needs of those who procure and administer the product once the internal conversation leads to product interest by “those at the top”
- Whether there is a revolution starting in the way IT products are sold to enterprises
- If your company considers support a cost center, perhaps you are doing it wrong
- The right training assets can serve both as content marketing to drive sales and support tools
- Creating unique support assets for each targeted constituency — such as administrators and users
this convo is sponsored by
Convo at the PowWow is presented by Social Media Today, offering the Web’s best thinkers on business and public policy. Social Media Today is a rapidly-growing community of blogs, webinars, e-books, moderated Tweet chats and other digital content. The community currently includes more than 1,800 bloggers and 100,000 registered members, attracting about 700,000 monthly visits.
Vitrue, an original Facebook Preferred Developer Consultant, is the leading social marketing platform facilitating relationships between brands and their fans across multiple social networks via its software-as-a-service solutions. Social marketers and agencies world-wide use Vitrue’s Social Relationship Management (SRM) platform and its Publisher, Tabs, Shop and Analytics products.
Brandwatch is one of the world’s leading social media monitoring and analysis tools, with offices in the UK, US, Germany and Brazil. Global brands and agencies use our tool to cut through the noise on the social web and find the conversation that matters, empowering decisions that improve their business.